We believe in something bigger, something greater than ourselves.
So you're interested in joining the IAT Team? Glad to hear it! We have a great work environment that is fun, exciting, clean, and a talented staff that works hard. Please see the job opening below.
Electrical Controls Engineer Application
Since the inception of Innovative Air Technologies in 2001, we've desired to change the status quo when it comes to low humidity systems. Our vision is to enrich the lives of our customers by offering quality, flexible, value-driven solutions for any dehumidification application.
This drives us to innovate with our products and offer an industry-leading customer service experience from planning to implementation and beyond.
*What we are looking for in a Team member*:
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to work with our engineering staff to develop and implement world-class electrical designs and control strategies for both our existing products as well as future custom designs. This position would lead the team on the electrical end and would be involved from the quote, all the way through to the testing stage. This position will impact and shape our future success. We are looking for someone self-motivated, positive, and excited about making an impact, innovations, and world-class designs.
• Accurately design and draw electrical ladder logic design schematics for the power, controls, sensors, and communications of industrial dehumidifiers.
• Create, load, and test PLC programs to control the function of our dehumidifiers
• Work intimately with the sales and manufacturing team to develop new custom designs
• Create bills of material for the electrical components needed on a job - Component selection
• Research new and alternate products for applications in both existing and new designs
• Refine and improve the existing electrical designs to improve product performance
• Help define and improve existing processes and procedures for the department
• Document electrical design and drafting standards for the department
• Work with manufacturing to improve build processes and make product more manufacturable
• Supporting and answering customer and job site questions
• Provide control panel layouts for manufacturing as needed.
• Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Min. 5 years of AutoCAD experience
• Min. 5 years of PLC programming experience (Automation Direct, Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc..)
• Min. 5 years experience with control cabinet design in a manufacturing environment
• Proficient with ladder Logic designs in CAD
• Good working knowledge of NEC code
• Design experience with components such as PLCs, motors, circuit breakers, contactors, relays, VFDs, controllers, etc.
• Professional, positive and motivated personality
• Good working design knowledge of either HVAC, refrigeration, or dehumidification
• Experience with DirectLogic PLC Software
• Fluency in other systems like Allen Bradley and Siemens is also desired.
• AutoCAD Electrical software experience
• Advanced understanding of electrical controls
• Experience with Excel, Python, and HTML
• LEAN, 6S, and solid problem-solving experience
• Strong Excel experience
• Good technical writing skills.
Experience: 5- 10 years
Benefits: 401K, Health Plan, 4-Day Work Week, Bonuses, Monthly Lunches, and Company Sponsored Team-building Events.
Hours: 4 Day in the office work week - 6 AM to 5 PM Monday - Thursday
Travel: 10% max. for job site support